Fundamental Principles of Project Management
Learning Text adopts the following principles of project management:
- be clear on what the client wants; do not start working on the project until you can clearly articulate the solution that the client envisions
- plan realistically and be clear and open about the cost of the project
- recruit a smaller team of high level resources to the project rather than a large number of unrelated or untested resources
- imagine all consequences of the successful implementation of the project
- check frequently on progress towards the main goal, and
- do not loose sight of the original vision for the project.
Planning and Project Management
Learning Text ensures that there is a clear and well documented approach to project planning using a variety of tools including:
· business impact assessment
· high level project plan
· a vision / scope document, and
· business requirements documentation.